Thursday, August 11, 2005

gone fishing


Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be knee deep in a river somewhere in the Rocky mountains, fly fishing for the very first time. Is it unrealistic to think that I'll catch something this big? And puhlease, don't believe anyone who says it's the 'motion of the ocean' because as girls the world over all know, it's all about size! Mwuhahahaha. Take out the tape measures gentlemen. Here's to hoping all those years of watching 'Rod and Reel' on PBS will finally pay off. I will also be staying two nights at the Stanley Hotel, the very hotel on which Stephen King based The Shining and which is presumed to be haunted to this day. Rumor has it that the most supernatural activities take place on the fourth floor, which was once the servant's quarters, but unless this involves some serious ectoplasmic bedevilry, I refuse to be convinced. I plan to be back on Monday, but if no one hears from me all next week, you will know that I'm still at the hotel, riding my bigwheels up and down the hallways, talking to my index finger, and gurgling "redrum redrum redrum".

3 comments:

Rachael said...

cute pic, is that you?

babibi said...

that's me but that ain't my fish. such are the wonders of photoshop. though those could easily be my man hands...

Anonymous said...

hi minsuh,

what a nice picture! i love the smiles of you two guys!

bye,

Jose